Friday, October 08, 2004

"Faces"

This is a song is about the faces we might see flash before us if we were drowning. You find out who your real friends and family are by how they respond to you when you are down or in crisis. Last year I was playing in the ocean with my little girl and a wave threw us to the bottom . I held her tight
trying to get us to the surface. As I did another wave pushed us under. In that moment, the true love I had for her and the true feelings I had for life came together in a mixed feeling. I was hot with fear and yet I was over taken my the sheer release that I was really going to die and nothing I could do would stop it. Fortunately we popped out, my leg was bleeding and I brought it all back to home by looking at her with a smile and saying WEEEEE with all my heart. Seeing her smiling face after that and the faces of thoses who care about me most in the ocean is where this song comes from.


Faces


Not until you're drowning will love began to show,
those faces flash at you on your way down.
Peering in your window as from a distant land,
they'll love you even as your fallin' down.

Close my eyes, breathless as I pray.
Don't let my darkest hour win the fight.
Hold my hand, walk me to my country home.
Let me see their loving faces,
as they guide me through the night.

Take the time
Just stop and look around
Who is there
To love you when you're down?
Close your eyes
Imagine all the faces
Who will be the faces that you see?
The faces that you'd see..
if you were drowning

Up in the clouds, I thought that I can see
Thiness in the air did choke my mind.
Couldn't hear the way so gently calling me,
didn't even recognize the sign.

If only I could fly to higher altitudes,
so clearly I could see from up above.
Until the pressure started squeezing in on me,
my mind will flash the faces,
the ones that show me love.

As we fall
They see us on the ground
Even then
They never let us down
Never will
Those faces ever judge
That face of love will always shine for me
The faces that we see
when we are drowning ...
when we are drowning

Copyright 2004
ASCAP








1 comment:

CatConcierge said...

Awesome awesome song, Jeff.